When do I need to reset my Prota S?
- You lost your access link (deleted)
- You want to erase everything and restore the factory settings
When you encounter any issues while using Prota S, a reboot normally fixes most problems. However, if it starts malfunctioning in an unexpected way, you can try to reset the device and start from scratch.
Please remember that resetting your Prota S is a last resort. If you have any problems, please first contact our Support Team to see if we can resolve the issue.
How to reset?
There are 2 methods to reset your Prota S: software reset and hardware reset.
To understand the difference between the two methods, please check this article: Differences between hardware reset and reset all settings
Method 1: Software reset
If you go to settings, you will be able to see "Reset all settings" button. With this button, you will be able to reset the software settings.
To 'reset all settings', please follow these steps:
1. Go to settings (please make sure you are using original access link.)
2. Tap or click on "Reset all settings"
3. Please wait 10~15 minutes. If it doesn't turn into AP mode automatically, please reboot.
With software reset, you can set a new Prota S name and password through the first-time configuration process. Apps and app information that you have downloaded will remain installed and the OS version will also remain updated.
Method 2: Hardware reset
To reset Prota S to factory settings, please follow these steps:
- Press the reset button.
- While pressing the reset button, plug the power cable.
- Once plugged, wait for several seconds and release the reset button.
- Check if the LED light is blinking in red (normally takes 10-15 minutes to complete).
- Wait until the LED flashes in red and blue.
PLEASE MAKE SURE NOT TO UNPLUG YOUR PROTA DEVICE FROM ITS POWER SUPPLY DURING THIS PROCESS. IT MAY PERMANENTLY DAMAGE THE DEVICE.
If the LED flashes in red for too long (longer than 30 minutes), please try to unplug the power supply and plug it back in as the device can get stuck during the reset process.
Please also make sure to use a stable power supply. For more details, please check this blog article.